Lead Product Designer
Hello, we’re Anorak – a London based tech startup and a close-knit team of tech geeks, insurance specialists, data experts and design heavyweights redefining the way millions protect their future. We’re busy building the world’s first automated life insurance advice platform – an online service that helps people buy life insurance.
At Anorak we're fortunate to have founders and leadership team that recognise design as our primary problem-solving tool. Our aim is to reshape the way real people make informed decisions about their protection – and design (user research, UX, content and UI) plays a major role in those journeys.
We're looking for an outstanding Product Designer to join our rapidly growing team of Anoraks to help us design, build and deliver our service.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer who’s up for the challenge and who’s keen to help us build this highly disruptive cross–channel digital service. You will lead the definition, UX design and delivery of the experience and align business goals and end-user needs. You demonstrate thought-leadership and serve as a subject matter expert in user experience and product design for the business, as well as the wider team. You’re able to deliver designs from concept to implementation; from user flows to prototypes to world class UI design.
This is very much a hands-on role, perfect for someone who wants to take ownership and be part of building a brand new digital service from the very beginning.
You’ll report to our Chief Design Officer and work closely with our Product, Insurance and Engineering teams - as well as the wider team of Anoraks.
What we're looking for
Proven experience in
- Conducting user research and stakeholder interviews
- Qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies (from face-to-face user testing to analytics)
- Leading stakeholder workshops
- Applying UCD principles, UX best practices and an understanding of user behaviour to design solutions
- Experience in designing and shipping a digital product
- Working closely with both back-end and front-end engineering teams
- Designing e-commerce experiences (designing for conversion)
- Designing cross-channel user experiences - from the definition of the holistic experience to the interaction with each touchpoint
- Proposing roadmaps for delivering progressive, iterative design solutions
- Tracking and monitor the progress of development and quality of the experience
- Working quickly and in collaboration with Product, Design and Engineering teams in order to test and iterate
There are a whole bunch of factors that make Anorak a great place to work; not least that we’re on the cutting edge of technological change, working at the intersection of business, digital technology and design.
Additionally, we offer:
- 25 days holidays
- Vitality Private Medical insurance
- Private Pension contribution - 5% employee / 4% employer
- Death in service cover